Empathy in Action
- You have the ability to help people name their feelings, a quality that allows them to work more effectively with others.
- For those with low Empathy, you can help your colleagues be aware of the feelings of the people with whom they work.
- You have the talent to, without talking, let other people understand that you know how they are feeling. This ability builds trust.
Empathy in Careers
- Individuals with Empathy likely need environments that allow for regular social interaction and opportunities for collaboration with others.
- The emotional tone of a work environment is significant to someone with Empathy; they are likely motivated by being around people who are upbeat and positive.
- Empathy talents have excelled in careers such as teaching, counseling, and working in the clergy.